include ("/home/vern/www/marriage/page_includes/print_page_script.php"); ?>
|include ("/home/vern/www/marriage/page_includes/menu.php"); ?>||
Biblical Arguments Against Gay Marriage
Sermon Summary: The issue of gay marriage has become prominent on the national scene. The intensity of arguments against gay marriage is matched, and sometimes surpassed, by the emotionally charged arguments for it. The Bible, however, is very clear on the subject and leaves no doubt about God's position. Come and see.
There are non-biblical reasons for taking a stand against gay marriage:
1) thousands of years of traditional, male-female marriage, across numerous cultures and religions.
2) The public health catastrophe among homosexual men.
3) Numerous studies showing the importance to children of a father and a mother.
But today let’s look at biblical arguments against gay marriages.
These Scriptures may be meaningless to unbelievers.
But these are the biblical reasons that should drive us who hold to the Word of God and resist the acceptance of same-sex marriages.
1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
(1) God defines homosexual offenders as among "the Wicked".
Ephesians 5:11, KJV And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
The Christian’s duty is to reprove, not to ignore, that which God calls wicked.
(2) God lists “homosexual offenders” among those who HE determines will “not inherit the kingdom of God.”
No endorsement from heaven of homosexual churches there.
Genesis 13:13 Now the men of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the Lord.
Genesis 19:4-5, 11-13, 24
(3) Homosexuality incurred God’s destructive judgment upon an entire city.
Rampant homosexuality was a major contributor to the decline and fall of the Roman Empire.
I think San Francisco has not yet been judged because of the God-fearing Christians living there among the sodomites.
(4) The men of Sodom were said to be "sinning greatly" because of their men having sex with men.
Other sins of Sodom are listed in Scripture, but this is the one that the Bible features as their great sin — the one that incurred God's wrath against their city.
Bible-believing Christians cannot just look the other way and say that gay marriage is simply a “personal choice.”
Christians cannot fall for the modern mantra that it’s not our business what people choose to do “behind closed doors”. The biblical arguments against gay marriage do not leave Bible believers the option of simply ignoring conduct that God is seen to have judged severely in the Bible record.
God says that homosexual conduct is “sinning greatly,” and Jesus came to save us from our sins.
Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
(5) God labels Sodom’s sin as “sexual perversion.”
Societies (again, ancient Rome) that remain in perversion are doomed — Remember Sodom!
Romans 1:18, 24-28, 32 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness....  Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the DEGRADING of their bodies with one another.  They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator — who is forever praised. Amen.  Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.  In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.  Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done....  Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
(6) God’s Word identifies husband-wife relations as “NATURAL relations” and HOMOsexual relations as “UNNATURAL ones.” God defines same sex marriages, therefore, as "unnatural" relationships.
Again (27) God calls this “PERVERSION” that receives a “DUE PENALTY.”
(7) God’s word also condemns “APPROVING of those who practice [homosexuality].”
That is why we need judges and legislators who will show their DISapproval of these things and will rule and legislate against gay marriages.
Matthew 19:4-5 “Haven’t you read,” [Jesus] replied, “that at the beginning the CREATOR ‘made them MALE AND FEMALE,’  and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?
(8) Jesus settled this issue once for all — GOD made them “MALE and FEMALE ... a MAN ... [and] his WIFE". I see this as one of the most compelling biblical arguments against gay marriage. Jesus Christ Himself referred back to the biblical creation account and confirmed God's intent that marriage is to be between a man and a woman.
1 Corinthians 6:11, KJV And such WERE some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
There is hope and forgiveness for all sins and all sinners who will repent and come to Jesus.Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon
|include ("/home/vern/www/marriage/page_includes/right_column.php"); ?>|